Saturday, March 15, 2008

Psalm 78....A Cat and Mouse Game

I went to Starbucks yesterday morning to do what I haven't had time to do in a long time (at least at Starbucks)....listen to worship music on my ipod, read my bible, and journal. I love to go to Starbucks and zone out from the world and do this.

I have been reading the Psalms recently. Yesterday, I read Psalm 78. It is a maskil, or instruction, of Asaph. Asaph wants God's people, the Israelites, to remember what the Lord had done. As I was reading it, I couldn't help but see the relationship between the Lord and the Israelites as a cat and mouse game.

They asked, He gave, they complained, He took away, they continued to sin, He slew them, they eagerly sought Him (for the wrong reasons), and then He was merciful and forgave them.

The Lord wanted to give to them, and bless them, but all they did was doubt, they forgot what He had done for them, they complained....

And how true this is for me and God's people today.....

I desire to seek and follow God with all of my heart, to do his will, to glorify Him....

I ask, He gives, I complain, He takes away or rebukes, I don't understand why and struggle...I do wrong but want to do right, so I seek him with all of my heart, and He shows His mercy on me.

I know I complain, I doubt, I don't trust....and I forget what the Lord has done for me....
And He has done so much for me.

I sat back and reflected on what He has done for me; the good, the bad, the hard, and the times I was content in where I was at. I was in awe as I thought about how the creator of the universe cares about every detail of my life...how he has a plan for my life and orchestrates everything in such a way to bring me to the place I need to be at just the right time.

My question to you is: What has the Lord done for you lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.