Thursday, March 20, 2008

Heart Broken...

Not in the normal sense. But in the “Lord, what in the world do you want me to do with all of this information? Now that I have seen this extreme poverty, again, what do you want me to do?”

The first time my heart broke for the lost was before my senior year of high school at OGN (Operation Good News). When I went to El Salvador for the first time, my heart broke even more. I could see how beautiful, yet truly broken, these people were. My heart broke for the extreme poverty I saw in some situations.

And now again, my heart aches for these people. For those who do not know the Lord, and are living under these lies, I desire for them to know the truth. And for those both inside and outside the church, I sense the Lord showing us ways that we can help minister to a physical need which will lead to ministering to a spiritual need.

No comments: