Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Flip Flops

I have had the same pair of Reefs for 5 years. I love these flip flops. I got them in Pismo, and they are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned. I have known that they were on their last leg, but couldn't not wear them. These flip flops have been with me to El Salvador 3 times and now Haiti for missions trips. They moved across the country with me to DC. They have been to the western carribean, mexico, belize...

I gave away my other 2 pair of flip flops (brown and black pair from old navy) on Monday morning, knowing that I was on my way home. One of the 2 straps on my right flip flop broke. I told the team we need to pray that my shoe makes it home....


Not 5 minutes later, my flip flop broke. Now, when they say that duct tape can fix anything, I now believe it. Two of my Haitian friends took my flip flop, a safety pin, and duct tape, and fixed my shoe! I couldn't believe it. They handed it to me right as I was getting into the truck to go to the airport.


Look at this contraption....



Priceless....

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Love these photos. Thanks for sharing some of your heart and process as you return to U.S. culture. I'm right there with you.
Dorina