Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Alone

The last three days (ok, 2 1/2 days) I spent alone in Santa Cruz. My family has a house there, and I hardly ever go. I took this week off of work to recuperate from Missions Month. Now, I love to be with people. I would rather hang out with somebody, anybody (well, almost anybody) than be alone. I remember being little and being bored out of my mind once my sister went to school and I was home all alone to play by myself. My mom would tell me to entertain myself...which lasted about 5 minutes. I tried to get all of my close friends to ditch work to come with me, but nobody was able to take off...some did try, but to no avail.

So I did what I never thought I would do....

I went by myself.

And it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself at this exact point in time.

I have not been this relaxed in, oh, over two months. Realistically, I haven't been this relaxed in a very long time.

I had nobody to worry about but me. I did what I wanted when I wanted to do it.

List of what I did these past few days:
-Took a nap
-Watched The Office
-Saw Vantage Point
-Sat in front of the ocean, listened to my ipod, read my bible, and journaled for about 3 hours
-Laid out on the beach and read a magazine
-Walked around downtown Santa Cruz
-Walked around Capitola
-Ate some great pizza and even better sea food
-Sat in front of the ocean again...ate breakfast and journaled
-Drove along the coastline
-Watched more of The Office
-Slept...a lot
-Ate ice cream!
-Walked along the wharf

All in all a very relaxing time. It was time that I needed to recharge and refresh. I have a feeling this is something that I am going to do more often. How often...I'm not sure. But knowing how rested and good I feel, I would love to be able to do this every 3 months.

No comments: