Thursday, December 18, 2008

One of those days....

Today was one of those days...

You know what I mean.

The one where it seems to start out really bad.

And you aren't sure what to do.

Because what you just heard doesn't quite make sense.

Hopes had been established, and they were crushed. Expectations set high, and they were met exceedingly low. And not only you were crushed, but the one you love was crushed.

So I sat in bed for about 10 minutes. Asking God what the deal was. Something that seemed so sure, didn't happen.

And in an instant, I heard God saying "Aren't I enough? I love you, and will always provide for you. But do you really believe I am sovereign?"

And I had to stop, and think about it. And that is when I called Blake back and we prayed about it.

Confessed doubt in the situation. Confessed confusion. Confessed that we wanted to believe that all was going to be ok. Praised God for all that He had already given to us. And were affirmed that all value and worth is in Jesus alone.

And what started out as a really bad day actually turned into one of the best days Blake and I have had together (although, we weren't physically together at all today, until tonight). Together, we leaned on the Lord to sustain us. The focus of the day was not on the situation, but on God. And today was a day of praying. Today was a day of trusting my Savior in a whole new way.

And I am always amazed at how He meets me right where I am at, right where Blake is at. How He touches me in the deepest parts of my soul when I invite Him in.

And although certain situations can be tough, it is so true that God comes through for those who love him. It may not look the way we want it to, but all works for the good for those who love Him.

No comments: