Thursday, April 19, 2007

Trickery


On Wednesday, I went out to my cousins. The reason I was going out there, well, the reason that I was told, was to watch the twins while they sheared the alpacas. They own Sunny Acres Alpacas, a ranch that has alpacas. Well, it turns out that I was there to help pick up the fiber as it was shaved off the alpacas. Tricksters.


The first alpaca actually spit...and it spit on me. I was kinda pissed. After the first one, the rest weren't that bad.

I just didn't know what to do. I felt like I was always in the way of the man actually doing the shearing. It was such a quick process, and since the wind was blowing pretty hard, I am pretty sure that I didn't collect as much of the fiber as I should have, but o'well. I stayed out there and helped for about two hours. After that amount of time, I was d-u-n, dun.

No comments: