Thursday, March 1, 2007

I am becoming my mom....

I love my mom. We get along great, and unlike my sister, I tell her just about everything. As great as my mom (or Myrna) is, she is crazy. Not in a bad way, but in a funny, quirky way. I am definitely a product of both of my parents. My mom is very outgoing. She is the person that will talk to you when you are in a line at the store. When my friends first meet my dad, they think he is the quiet one, but he isn't, trust me. My dad has one of the funniest sense of humors. There are times at the dinner table when the two of us are craking up and my mom just doesn't get it (or she isn't laughing because the joke is at her expense). My dad and I are very similar. When I was younger, I swore I would never be as crazy as my mom. Well it turns out that I may not be as crazy as her, but I have definitely picked up some of her tendancies. I guess it has to do with the whole nurture vs nature thing. I am finding that being like my mom isn't a bad thing. I have some of the best parents that any child could ask for.

For example, not too long ago I was exiting my bedroom and i knew my mom was about to pass in the hallway, and at the same time, we both tried to, not scare each other, but make this noise at each other. It was so funny, we both laughed hysterically. There are other times when I am by myself, and I do something, and I realize that what I did was something my mom would do or say. For instance, when we were little, my mom could never remember if she unplugged her curling iron or she would like to just "make sure" that she did unplug it. I now find myself "just making sure" i unplugged my straightener even though I know without a doubt that I have unplugged it...thanks mom.

All that to say I am so glad that I have a mother who likes to have fun and is a little quirky. It has definitely made my life that much more fun. :)

No comments: