Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Human Trafficking in the US

The Lord continues to do a work in my life, and sometimes, I confess, I don't like it. The Lord speaks clearly on injustice and how he loathes it. And as a follower of Christ, I am to care for the oppressed, the widow, the orphan.

As I continue on this journey called life, Jesus is teaching me about his heart for people. And sometimes, it can be very heavy.

I have become passionate about human trafficking. Did you know that there are 27 million slaves in the world today? Did you know girls are kidnapped, sold for money, and then forced to have sex with men for money? Did you know that "child prostitution" is in fact a form of human trafficking?

I came across a blog post today that gave more specific numbers on human trafficking in the US. Check it out here.

No comments: