Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BlueConnect Handsfree Awesomeness

I bought a 2008 Honda Accord in January. When I bought the car, I negotiated having their handsfree bluetooth thingy installed in my car (for a much cheaper price than for those of you who would go into a Honda right now and purchase). The only problem was that they didn't have one of the pieces necessary for it to fit in the designated area. So I had to wait...

In lieu of the new law that comes into effect on July 1, I decided it was time to get this think installed. So last Thursday, I left my car at Clawson Honda.

I was really excited for this, but there was one problem. The phone I own is the AT&T (HTC) 8525, and they said that it wasn't compatible with BlueConnect. I talked to HTC support, I talked to BlueConnect support (they told me that they did rigorous testing and the 8525 just would not work with it), I even talked to AT&T (which was a big mistake, they never know anything)...

Today, I thought I was going to have to buy the new iphone (since they said this one would pair with my new device). But my father is a genius. He found out through a dealer down in Bakersfield, who actually knows something about the BlueConnect device, that you could purchase a patch from a company called Jetware that would enable me to use my phone with this overpriced contraption.

And they were right. It worked. Blake and I paired my phone and his phone to my car, and it is AWESOME! I love technology, and I love it even more when the different pieces of technology work together. I just hope it continues to work well...

So the next time you call me, and I am in my car, I will be talking to you over the speakers in my car!

No comments: