Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Friends

My friend Meredith is one of those friends who I use to be really close with, but due to life, we have drifted apart, both in relation to our communication and distance. When I do get to talk or see her, it as if we have not been apart.

She was one of my best friends in high school. We had a lot of fun and didn't get in trouble nearly as often as we should have. Although she lives in Roseville, is married, and has a kid, whenever we get to see each other, we pick up right where we left off and it is as if we were back in high school (we act like we are in high school sometimes still too...just ask my mom).

Meredith came over for dinner tonight, with her 9 1/2 month year old son. We had a great time. She got to meet Blake. We hung out on the almost finished deck. Laughed about old times, talked about the future, and watched my mom chase baby Ryan all over the deck so he wouldn't fall off.


It was a great night with a great friend. We have stayed good friends for 8 years now, and I know that Meredith will be one of those friends as we get older we can reminisce about old times and talk about what is to come.

No comments: