Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brad Paisley Concert

On Thursday night, Brad Paisley and three "special guests" were in Fresno for a concert. Blake is always surprising me, so I decided that it was my turn to surprise him. Blake loves country music (he also likes alternative, but since I am not a big fan he usually has it on country when I am in his truck). I wasn't quite sure how I was going to keep the secret from him, since I like to tell him everything, and for the fact that it is all over the radio.


Then I remembered he doesn't listen to regular radio, he only listens to satellite (on satellite radio they call regular radio "terrestrial radio"...lame). That pretty much solved my problem. BUT...then one day his truck needed to be worked on, and he had a different work truck, one without satellite radio, and he was going to be driving it out of town...I thought it was all over. Somehow, God's love shone through in a whole new way (just kidding), because around 8 pm the night before he was going out of town, his truck was ready :)



I let Blake pick where we were going to dinner, so we went to Yosemite Ranch. As we were driving down Cedar, I purposely passed Shaw to throw him off (like he wasn't going to know where we were going in about 3 minutes anyways....). He asked if we were going to a concert at the Save Mart Center, I told him yes, but he still didn't know who. We parked near the Mundy's place, got out of the car, I handed him his ticket, and he got this huge grin on his face. He couldn't have been happier.



And that is why I like to surprise Blake. I don't do it often, but when I do, it is always priceless. He never expects it, and I know that whatever it is, he is going to love it because it is from me.

And to top it all off, there was this guy in front of us who was hilarious. On several of Brad's songs, he was doing this with his hands...


I am not sure what he is grabbing, but he did this during the song "I'm still a guy"...

No comments: