Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What I was made to do...

I have been thinking a lot lately about what I am suppose to do with my life...as far as occupation goes. Now, this isn't something that has been on the forefront of my mind, but every once and awhile, I will think about different things.

God has gifted me in so many ways, and I am incredibly thankful. I know that if I put my mind to it, I can accomplish anything.

I know that my position at The Bridge is where I am suppose to be for the time being. But I also know that God has given me gifts and passions that could be utilized in the "secular" world. I put that in parenthesis because I don't really believe there is a difference, but since I work in a church... Anyways, I can't help but think that God doesn't want to use me for something more...I want to say bigger and better, but I don't mean that. What I really mean is different. Using my skill set in a different occupation.

When I decided to major in political science, the thought was that I would go to law school or grad school after my undergrad. Since I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, and clearly the Lord had other plans for me, I ended up working. But just as the idea of going back to school has been in the back of my mind in the past, I would be lying if I didn't say that I still think about it.

I am not sure where all this is coming from. I know part of it is that I am not feeling challenged at work right now, which is ok. The work just seems tedious...lots of admin type work. I just sense there is something else that I am eventually suppose to be doing.

And until I know what that is, I will continue in ministry at The Bridge. After all, the Lord is preparing me for whatever is next through the work I am currently doing.

Funny thing is, I haven't talked to anybody about this. Welcome to nobody being awake at 11:45 at night and having a mini crises.

No comments: