Thursday, May 8, 2008

Come Away

These are the first two words in the last verse of the last chapter in the Song of Solomon.

The Beloved (woman) is saying to the Lover (man) that she wants to go away with him. To spend time with just him and nobody else.

Come Away.

And that is what Jesus is asking us to do in the midst of this busy world we live in.

He is saying "Come Away with me. Spend time with me. I love you."

And most of the time I respond with nonsense.

The reality is, Jesus took time to get away. He got up in the early morning, away from everything and everyone, to spend time with the Father.

The reality is, I am too busy to not spend time with Him. Life is too crazy and hectic. And I am not talking about opening up my Bible, reading, praying, and journaling in an hour.

He is asking us to take chunks of time out of our life to spend with him.

When I do this, when I take time to go up to the mountains and spend time away with Him, He reveals himself in a deeper and more intimate way, in a way that would not have happened if I went to Starbucks or a local park where there are still so many distractions.

Come Away.

No comments: