Sunday, February 7, 2010

Learning To Be Healthy

At the beginning of the year, Blake and I put some "guidelines" on our life. We want to have a happy, healthy, thriving marriage. We don't want to live in mediocrity.

Below is the list of things we came up with to help us move in the right direction:

1. Read our Bible daily.
Even though I work at a church, and read the Word for work, I don't always take time to just stop and be with Him. This has become the number one priority for us.

2. Praying together.

Way.

More.

Often.

About anything. About everything.

3. Read a book together. One chapter each week and discuss.

4.Exercise at least 4 days a week. This has turned into 6 days with P90X.

5. Cook at home more. Even though life can be crazy working at a church, we waste money and
eat more unhealthy when we eat out.

6.Individaually hang out with a friend at least every other week.

7. Hang out with another couple at least every other week.

8. Get out of town once a month, even if it is for a day. To stop and just be with each other.

9. Walk the dogs 3 times a week.

And for me:
Days that I don't have evening commitments...get my butt out of bed and to work by 8 so I can be off at 5 so I can spend the most amount of time per evening hanging out with Blake and doing whatever I want.

Journal at least once a week. I haven't been good at this one, but I know I need to do it. Prayer journaling helps me to get out all of my thoughts on paper to God, the good, the bad, the ugly. It helps me to process everything.

For the lifestyle changes we have made with each other, we have consequences put in place for when don't follow through.

So far, 2010 has been one of the best years of my life :)

No comments: