Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Life is A Whirlwind

Once again, I have been absent from the world of bloginess due to, well, a lot of different things. At first, it was because of Christmas, my sister being in town, New Years....but once January 2nd hit, I feel like all I have done is work, which isn't entirely true.

So for my three loyal readers, who probably already know all of this, here has been my life in a nutshell...

  • Christmas Eve Eve (Dec 23) I made my family go bowling. It was so much fun and also so funny to watch my family bowl, especially my mom.
  • Christmas Eve we hung out at the house all day and watched movies. For dinner, we had my mom's famous ribs...they are so good and take approximately 2 days to prepare. My cousin, her husband, and their twins came over for dinner and the kids opened up their presents. I forgot how much fun opening up presents was when I was three...
  • Christmas Day-spent the morning at my grandmas with my dad's side of the fam and then the afternoon at my cousins with my mom's side of the fam...over all a great day.
  • Hung out with friends in town for the holidays, ate a lot of good food, had a lot of fun...
  • New Years Ashley, Berger, Blake and I went down to Hollywood for a couple of days. We went to Santa Monica on Sunday, the boys watched Fresno State win the bowl game while Ash and I got pedicures and say Juno (a movie I highly recommend) during the day on Monday. Monday night we went to a club in Hollywood and danced the night away. We all had a great time. Tuesday we headed home....
  • Jan 2....back to work after approximately 10 days off.
  • Prayer focus 2008 took place at The Bridge from Jan 2-5. I was co-in charge of the project, which had its ups and downs in terms of issues, but overall was a fantastic time. Approximately 260 showed up during the week....in 2006 there were about 50. It shows that we are becoming a praying church.
  • The week of Jan 7th, I had a meeting EVERY NIGHT! It was a little ridiculous.
  • With missions month fast approaching, things have become crazy at work. Not only do I have to put all of my time and energy into planning this thing, my regular work continues on as well.
  • Went to Catalina this past weekend as my last break before this week and the following 5 weeks come. I had a great time with Misty and Sue. The weather was gorgeous, about 70 all weekend. We ate, we played cards, I drank beer while they drank virgin drinks or water since they are both pregnant, hung out with some very nice, cute guys, and got a little bit of a tan. All in all, a fantastic weekend, one in which I wish hadn't ended. You know you have had a good weekend when you do not want to go back to reality.
  • Monday night we had our first team meeting for our Haiti vision trip that seven of us are going on in March over spring break. Missions month 2008 hasn't happened yet and we are already planning missions month 2009...if that is not crazy then I don't know what is.
  • Tonight was the first night I felt like I was able to do whatever I wanted...which ended up being me hanging out with Blake since he got his wisdom teeth pulled today. After Taco Tuesdays at Rubios, I filled up my new car with gas for the first time, went home and put on my sweats (which I would live in if I could) and sat and watched American Idol. It was great.

My life is going to be crazy these next six weeks, which I am excited about and dreading all at the same time. I have been challenged by numerous people lately to make sure that I am taking time for myself, to make sure that I keep that balance in my life. I am going to try to do that, but looking at my calendar for the weeks to come, I am not quite sure how that happens...

No comments: