Monday, March 29, 2010

Simplify-ing

Blake and I have been trying to simplify our lives. We are trying not to buy things if we don't need them. Not eat out as much. Asking if it is a need or a want. Asking if we need the top of the line item or if a less expensive item will do. Questioning how much tv we watch and how much time we spend with other people.
I saw this book Simplify at Urbana but they ran out at the conference before I could purchase it, so I bought it online at Amazon.

The book provides some great principals and insights, as the author Paul Borthwick, lives out what he writes about. For us, the book didn't provide many new thoughts or ideas to how we are already living but acted as great reinforcement. The book was easy to read and one that I would recommend if anyone is looking for a starting place on how to simplify their lives.

No comments: